Did you know that heat causes the most weather-related deaths in the United States? This surprising fact is a big reason why we want you to be educated on which vitamins, minerals, and supplements could help your customers ensure their bodies remain acclimated to hotter temperatures during the summer when it is especially hot outside.
Why we sweat
No matter how many antiperspirants we try, the body needs to sweat in some way. Sweating is a natural and critical process that helps regulate the body’s temperature. As body temperature rises, the body will automatically perspire in order to release salty liquid from sweat glands to help us cool down. Sweating, however, releases water and electrolytes, which is why people need to keep their bodies fueled with hydrating foods such as watermelon, cucumbers, and zucchini, as well as fluids and dietary supplements when necessary.
How does the body control temperature?
There are two major elements you should know, and perhaps would like to inform your customers about through an attractive product label. The first is the skin, which is the body’s first line of defense against bacteria, chemicals, and temperature. The skin comprises secretions that can ward off bacteria and its melanin fights off ultraviolet light that can damage skin cells. The second supporter of body temperature is the hypothalamus, a small part of the brain that acts as a command center for various bodily functions including the body’s temperature-regulating system.
Three major minerals for body temperature regulation
- Electrolytes: often touted in Gatorade commercials, electrolytes are minerals in blood and body fluids that carry an electric charge which affects energy, muscle function, and the amount of water in the body, balancing the body’s pH level. When your customers exercise, they lose electrolytes which need to be replaced. You can offer that replacement through your private label line.
- Magnesium: An essential mineral which acts as an electrolyte to keep people healthy, and responsible for 300+ biochemical reactions in the body, magnesium also helps keep body temperature modulated. This mineral works with other electrolytes such as potassium and calcium to keep bones healthy, blood sugar regulated, and energy up.
- Potassium: A well-known electrolyte that is important for heart health, potassium is also a vital electrolyte for nerve and muscle function. If your customers drink too much soda or consume too many sugary drinks, potassium levels could become depleted. And since potassium is a water-soluble essential mineral, it gets excreted through urine and stool.
Combine sugary drinks and the number of times consumers use the restroom, potassium levels sure are at risk.
Private Label Supplement Manufacturing
These minerals can all be manufactured into high-quality products to offer consumers interested in keeping their bodies hydrated and cool throughout the hot months. You can formulate a powerful electrolyte blend in the form of a powder or capsule with the help of the nutraceutical industry’s #1 choice dietary supplement service provider, Makers Nutrition. Our capabilities extend beyond those of the ordinary supplement manufacturer vying for your business.
Three more ingredients to include in your summertime supplements If you would like to add to your custom formula, for which you can receive a free quote, consider the following ingredients.
- Lycopene: For many, it can be difficult to get enough lycopene in the normal diet, but with a high-quality supplement, that can change. Lycopene can help promote skin health from the inside out with its production of procollagen, a molecule which helps protect the skin when exposed to UV light.
- Reishi mushroom extract: this energy-boosting ingredient can invigorate the body during hot summers. Reishi’s anti-inflammatory agency may help neutralize the chemicals that drain one’s energy. As with any dietary supplement, your customers should always consult their doctor before taking any product. The premium quality of your product could be top-notch, but they should still be advised, as certain ingredients in supplements may interact adversely with current conditions and medications already in use.
- L-Carnosine: Summertime often equates to delicious, barbequed foods that may also pose some health threats. Meat cooked, say, on the grill at high temperatures, releases chemicals known as advanced glycation end products (AGEs). These AGEs spur oxidative stress and cellular inflammation, potentially leading to premature wrinkles and even Alzheimer’s and cardiovascular disease. In response to AGEs’ threat to the body, L-carnosine-containing supplements can help counteract the effects of AGEs with potent antioxidant activity. Note that natural carnosine levels decline by 63% in people 10 to 70 years of age, so it is important for customers to know with which nutrient levels they should be in tune. Again, this information can be displayed through a product label designed by our unique design team.
Three vital vitamins to manufacture for hot weather
There are several nutrient levels to maintain during the sweaty season so that the body is protected from the inside out, keeping skin, and ultimately the rest of the body, out of harm’s way.
- Vitamin A: Its most popular form, retinol, is used in many skin care products due to its hydrating agency. While people can consume Vitamin A through tomatoes, leafy green vegetables, red bell peppers, milk, eggs, and mangoes, studies have demonstrated that people who have taken daily Vitamin A supplements, instead of relying on food sources, were 60% less likely to develop melanoma than those who did not take supplements. This nutrient supports the body repair sun-related cell damage and restore elastin and collagen, thereby supporting skin structure.
- Vitamin C: Specifically in the form of ascorbic acid, Vitamin C can help the body respond well to heat stress. It may reduce one’s likelihood of experiencing heat exhaustion and developing heat rash. It could also aid already-developed heat rash. If you intend to support individuals trying to better balance their body heat, a high-quality Vitamin C supplement is a great option. Daily Vitamin C supplementation helps shorten the length of time it takes the body to adjust to hotter climates, a process known as heat acclimatization. It is believed that the vitamin does this by reducing the speed at which sweat glands tire out and helps the body lower its temperature.
- Vitamin D: If your customers are concerned about wrinkles, then your next Vitamin D supplement may be exactly what they need in their regimen. Vitamin D has a huge impact on not only immune system function, but skin health, which is why about 1 in every five U.S. adults take D supplements. The nutrient helps increase skin’s thickness, appealing to the masses of consumers seeking anti-aging effects. While many people get their Vitamin D naturally through sun exposure, too much UV light exposure can harm the body. And depending on an individual’s sensitivity to sunlight, they may need to rely more heavily on food sources and dietary supplement sources to acquire adequate Vitamin D levels.
Stock Softgels for the Smaller Investor
Vitamin D is popularly sold and bought in softgel form. If you are just launching your first line of products, then you may choose stock options through our sister company StockSoftgels.com. From our list of formulas, you may choose any white label item to use for your own brand. We level the playing field to make it easier for budding entrepreneurs to compete with the more seasoned vitamin brands on the market with the same caliber of quality.
The Supplement Manufacturing Partner for All
If you are interested in creating any type of supplement, we are the team for you. With our level of expertise, commitment, and passion for reaching as many people as possible with health benefitting products, your business is in the best hands. Contact us today and let’s #buildabrand that makes a difference.
Share This Post