Gotu kola sounds more like a direction than an herb, but it is one of the most interesting and current dietary supplements used around the world today. From topical to circulatory benefits, gotu kola has a whole lot to offer your customers.
What is it?
Gotu kola (Centella Asiatica) is a small, perennial herbaceous plant from the wetlands of Asia that can have remarkable effects on the body. It grows in tropical, wet areas, bearing a small pink or white flower from a leaf that looks similar to a fat half-moon. This is the most important part of the plant commonly used in herbal medicine. The stems and leaves can be used “as a simple remedy or an extract of the leaves can be taken, which is a highly concentrated compound containing all the active ingredients of gotu kola” (organicfacts). This can be made into capsules, ointments, creams, gels, and other forms.
A Multi-Purpose Supplement
Considering gotu kola’s versatility, there are several avenues to explore in terms of consumer targets. Here’s why!
Gotu Kola can help in the following areas:
- Wound Healing: Organic compounds found in this plant expedite the healing process by stimulating blood flow to cells and preventing infection (organicfacts).
- Cellulite, Stretch Marks, and Clear Skin: Asiaticoside is a terpenoid component found in gotu kola, which strengthens skin collagen. It has been used for stretch marks, phlebitis, cellulite, and leprosy (selfhacked). Gotu kola’s antioxidant agency also reduces the appearance of wrinkles and scars, among other blemishes (organicfacts).
- Circulation: Gotu kola extract can fortify blood vessel walls and capillaries, thereby optimizing the circulatory system. It also stimulates blood flow, increasing oxygenation in vital organs throughout the body (organicfacts).
- Blood Pressure: Improved circulation means less tension in blood vessels and arteries, allowing for regulated blood pressure and less strain on the cardiovascular system. Thus, atherosclerosis, stroke, and heart attack are all less likely to occur (organicfacts).
- Cognition: Subsequently, gotu kola can enhance cognitive abilities, since those vital organs include the brain. This supplement’s antioxidants can also stimulate neural pathways by eliminating plaque and free radicals from the brain. The aging population is a growing consumer of gotu kola, especially since evidence indicates it can hinder the progression of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease (organicfacts).
- Detoxification: Since it is a mild diuretic, this supplement stimulates the release of excess toxins, water, salts, and even fats from the body through urination. The best part, gotu kola can cause the release of these contaminants without diminishing energy levels (organicfacts).
- Anxiety: Research is proving that gotu kola may help those with anxiety issues. In one study, it lowered the frequency and severity of anxiety attacks/episodes in a group of people who suffered from General Anxiety Disorder (organicfacts).
Your “Go-To” Provider
We’ve displayed some pretty impressive information above. Now it is your turn to use it! Whose lives do you want to impact? What interests you most? When you’ve answered these questions, get in touch with us! We will manufacture, package, and fulfill your quality supplement(s). Makers Nutrition goes above and beyond the expected to make your business thrive in a booming industry.