What if I told you just one ingredient could benefit your customers’ skin, digestion, memory, AND joints? Believe it or not, this one ingredient is BETA-ALANINE. Offering an array of assets to our health, Beta-alanine also reaches bodybuilders and gym fanatics looking to shape and tone their bodies.
What is it?
Beta-alanine is a non-essential amino acid. Unlike most amino acids, it is not used by the body to synthesize proteins. When combined with histidine, however, it produces carnosine. This is then stored in our skeletal muscles (healthline).
What does this mean?
Carnosine reduces lactic acid buildup in our muscles during exercise, allowing for improved athletic performance. Carnosine’s benefits are generally due to its antioxidant properties, which support multiple age-related conditions. More specifically, carnosine helps several areas of our overall well-being, including:
Helping to limit the visible signs of aging skin. Carnosine aids in the maintenance of the skin’s elasticity, which minimizes wrinkles.
Carnosine can help support the digestive system manage a species of bacteria called Helicobacter pylori that can cause peptic or gastric ulcers.
Carnosine may assist in memory recall and help support brain health.
Supporting healthy inflammation management and delaying age-related joint conditions, carnosine shows yet another benefit (xtend-life).
Carnosine is also vital for many normal body functions including the proper development and operation of our kidneys, brain, liver, muscles, and heart, among other organs (webmd).
Why Beta-alanine should be in your next supplement
- We’ve established that B-alanine increases carnosine levels. Carnosine’s antioxidant properties translate to neutralizing free radicals and reducing oxidative stress. It also has anti-aging and immune-enhancing properties, and most refreshing, carnosine can elevate the quality and operation of muscles in the elderly (healthline).
- This ingredient can enhance athletic performance by reducing fatigue and increasing endurance in high-intensity exercises.
- esearch shows that Beta-alanine has the ability to increase the time to exhaustion, meaning that it can help people exercise for longer intervals of time.
- It works dually! Beta-alanine can help during short-duration exercise lasting one to several minutes.
- Sodium bicarbonate, often found in capsule, tablet, and powder form, enhances exercise performance by reducing acid in the blood and muscles. Studies have analyzed the combination of Beta-alanine and sodium bicarbonate. Results actually suggest some benefits from combining the two—especially during exercises where muscle acidosis inhibits performance (healthline).
- Exercise Enhancements are another great avenue for brands looking to boost their customers’ endurance and strength.
- Immune and muscle function aids for elderly people can help older folks remain healthy and mobile (healthline).
Choose the Best
Makers Nutrition is a leading provider in the nutraceutical industry because of its 24/7 customer service, quick turnaround times, and next-gen equipment…but these are only three of the many advantages you’d be able to enjoy by choosing our expert team. If you want to hit the market running, having spent your time and money on a great deal, then get requesting! MakersNutrition.com is waiting for your quote!