The year is 1939 and a print ad portrays a product called “CHEER,” a health drink “made from seeds” which promises to make consumers wake up feeling “like a lark.” While you may laugh, it goes to show that even back then, consumers were seeking products to not only improve their sleep quality but relax more easily. Today, the sleep aid market is projected to hit $114.15 billion by 2025.
From the pandemic to financial situations and life in between, Americans have a lot on their minds. The result? A lack of sleep and restfulness. But what if your private label supplement brand could succeed as a result of the result? Hang tight, this will make sense.
Supplement Manufacturers Supporting Better Sleep
Thomas Li, NIE business development manager, reported that due to COVID-19, increased anxiety and less physical movement due to quarantine have contributed to a rise in sleep issues. While melatonin is a mainstay on the market, consumers are constantly looking for more natural alternatives. Dan Lifton, president of a supplement manufacturer, tells NIE that this interest and the fact that at least 50% of people face serious stress issues, supplement companies have an opportunity to make a real difference in the health and quality-of-life of American consumers.
It’s true! Your private label business could soar in sales. Since people are increasingly seeking to improve their health through better habits and supplementation, partnering with a supplement manufacturer like Makers Nutrition will help boost your sales. If you are tired of offering the often-used melatonin ingredient, try promoting mitochondrial support with alpha-lipoic acid and CoQ10. Healthy mitochondrial function is the foundation and powerhouse of cells responsible for regulating memory, cognitive function, energy, and mood. It can also support sleep quality. Healthy mitochondria turns to better sleep turns to better quality of life.
Why Do Anxiety Levels Matter When It Comes to Sleep?
If your customers are balancing work from home and helping their children with school from home, then their plate is plenty full of anxiety. This anxiety can lead them down a path of problems, from anxiety disorders to heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and stroke.
Other Ways to Help In addition to partnering with a renowned supplement manufacturer such as Makers Nutrition to create a high-quality sleep supplement, you can suggest techniques to help calm customers down before or after a much-too hectic day.
- Exercise: Mental and physical health both benefit from the decision to exercise regularly. It is an outlet for frustrations and releases mood-enhancing endorphins.
- Meditate: While it doesn’t work for all, it might work for your customers. Deep inhales, deep exhales, and visualizing a serene environment could do the trick to achieve tranquility.
- Listen to or play music: Did you know that soft, calming music can help lower blood pressure? It can relax the mind and body, allowing stress to slip away and improve sleep.
- Talk it out: Friends and/or family are there to listen, so let them. Simply talking to them about what is causing stress can help make someone feel like they are not carrying as much weight on their shoulders. Those who listen may suggest your customers speak to someone who is better suited to assist, like a doctor or therapist. And that might be the best decision your customers make, in addition to choosing your private label stress or sleep supplements.
- Make a to-do list: I don’t know about you, but I love lists. They keep me organized and on task. When there are a million things to do, keep that list handy to avoid getting overwhelmed.
These are only some suggestions for customers to lessen stress levels and achieve the kind of sleep they need to feel, and ultimately, live better. Get the ball rolling for the sake of your customers by requesting a supplement manufacturing quote. Our team looks forward to responding!
- James J. Gormley. “Sleep & Relaxation Support—A Drowsy Category No More.” Nutrition Industry Executive, Oct./Nov. 2020, pp.56-61.