As we hopefully begin to reconnect with friends and family in the New Year, we want to look and feel our best. And a lot of that has to do with the appearance of our skin. Help your customers gain their glow through dietary supplements with ingredients that are not only helping people feel and look great, but ingredients that are expected to continue soaring on the market.
Global Nutricosmetics Market
We begin with the combination of nutraceuticals and cosmetics, hence nutricosmetics. A recent BlueWeave Consulting study unveiled that the global nutricosmetics market was valued over $7 billion in 2021. It is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2022-2028, earning revenue beyond $12 billion by the end of the forecast period.
Why So Much Growth?
Well, I think we can all agree that 2021… even 2020 saw not only an infectious outbreak, but a skin one as well. People around the world endured levels of stress that may have pushed their already-sensitive skin to its limit, experiencing pimples and perhaps especially dry skin, considering the amount of hand sanitizer used in an effort to ward off bacteria.
But there is also the geriatric consumer to consider. The increasing global geriatric population is truly driving the worldwide nutricosmetics market. In fact, the United Nations has projected that the global population aged 80 years or more will triple between 2017 and 2050. That means big business for your dietary supplement brand, but specifically the sales of your skin care products that speak to the most pressing reasons why people seek skin care supplements.
Which Skin Care Ingredients Work Best?
Hair, skin, and nail supplements are quite possibly one of the most popular types of products on the market today. Our clients’ hair, skin, and nail gummies in particular fly off the shelves, be it in stores or online. These supplements also sell well in the form of capsules and powders. If we dive a little deeper into these products in terms of skin care, you will find consumers most often look for the following ingredients:
- Vitamin B12 is an important one for people who are at risk of becoming deficient in this nutrient. Why? Vitamin B12 insufficiencies can cause a number of dermatologic symptoms, including nail discoloration, vitiligo, a condition in which skin color is lost in patches, and hyperpigmentation.
- Collagen. Or should I say all hail, collagen! Most often manufactured in capsule, powder, and gummy form, this critical protein plays a major protective role throughout the body. It works to build and support tissues, from bones and cartilage to skin, hair, eyes, and the digestive system. Collagen has been proven to help with wrinkles and improve skin elasticity. So if your target consumer is the aging individual or geriatric, then the gears might be turning for you and your skin care brand.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) is currently being studied for more and more of its skin benefits. It is believed that ALA may have anti-aging effects on skin, potentially smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, as it comprises a strong antioxidant profile which helps protect against sun damage and stress brought on by air pollutants along with other environmental factors.
- Argan oil capsules are a great option for individuals looking to diminish some of the nagging acne, burning psoriasis, or itching eczema.
- Vitamin D is one of the best vitamins for your skin, in addition to Vitamins C, E, and K. While Vitamin D is best absorbed through the sun and fortified foods, consumers take Vitamin D supplements to maintain adequate levels and help with psoriasis, skin inflammation, and healthy skin tones.
Safe Supplements and Graphic Design
With the information above, remember that your vitamin packaging should always display the importance of your customers consulting a licensed physician before taking any dietary supplement. While Makers Nutrition exceeds GMP safety standards and handles all product in a state-of-the-art FDA registered facility, certain ingredients may interact with people’s medical conditions. Our expert graphic designers will think up an appealing layout for this message, in addition to a superior supplement label that attracts customers for your business. Have questions regarding our graphic design capabilities? We are happy to discuss.
Evolved Skin Care Regimens
When you think of skin care, creams and other topicals may come to mind. However, in recent years, the narrative has changed to more wholesome solutions—natural approaches, including dietary supplements and vitamins manufactured to benefit people’s health altogether. While a serum may serve your customers well, there are plenty of softgels, capsules, gummies, powder, and tablets that are proving effective for many people. If your customers find your Vitamin D softgel helpful in maintaining healthy skin tones and inflammation, then there is a likely chance that that product is doing more than supporting just their skin. You see, skin health supplements may be taken for the skin, but their built-in benefits can bleed into other areas such as heart health, weight management, and joint mobility. If you launch your private label brand with skin care vitamins and supplements, there are avenues to explore down the road, branching off into different regions of health. In any case, having an award-winning vitamin manufacturing company, such as Makers Nutrition, on your side will come in handy. Here’s why:
- GMP compliance
- Climate controlled, well-ventilated facilities
- FDA registration
- 24/7 customer service
- No gimmicks, no-nonsense work ethic
Private Label Skin Care Manufacturer
If you are already in the skin care supplement game, then you know the difference between a quality supplement manufacturer and one that just wastes your time and money.
Makers Nutrition is in a completely different ballgame when it comes to quality and value. Our gummy manufacturing capabilities are top notch, to say the least. With an award-winning line of formulas available for your private labeling, we utilize high-powered equipment to produce safe supplements and vitamins. Unlike other supplement manufactures, we do not cut corners or leave you guessing. We are always upfront and transparent about our vitamin and supplement manufacturing process, so you have a clear timeline. That said, there remains a global supply chain issue. While we have successfully circumvented many challenges that other companies have unfortunately faced, there are still delays in typical product run times. However, we continue to push forward in these uncertain times because we want to be the provider our clients need us to be. We look forward to what 2022 has in store for Makers Nutrition and we hope to hear from you soon.