I think we can all agree that the liver does not come to mind when considering the body’s most important organs. In fact, some people forget that the liver is important at all. The liver needs more attention, and we are here to express exactly why and suggest which supplement ingredients to manufacture in your next liver health supporting product.
Liver Health Matters
The liver is responsible for processing nutrients from food, creating bile, eliminating toxins, and building proteins. Breaking down fat and producing cholesterol, the liver also converts glycogen into glucose, working with the pancreas to moderate blood sugar levels after each meal. It helps the immune system fight infection, which is quite possibly the most important part of the liver’s job. This organ is very resilient, and, in most cases, liver inflammation does not require medical attention. However, medical conditions affecting the liver could hinder the above activities that are required for overall health, so if your high-quality dietary supplements could change someone’s liver fate for the better, why not offer them through America’s #1 choice provider of supplement manufacturing services.
What Kind of Problems Could the Liver Face?
It is estimated that 1 in 400 American adults has cirrhosis, a condition in which the liver is scarred or permanently damaged. Without intervention, worsening cirrhosis can cause the liver to fail. The condition is more common among people ages 45 to 54, though researchers believe the number may be higher since many cases of cirrhosis go undiagnosed. Cirrhosis can be caused by alcohol abuse, chronic viral hepatitis, and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Therefore, it is imminent for your vitamin brand to promote healthier living with better diet decisions and more holistic approaches to wellness.
Supplement Ingredients for Liver Health
Thanks to researchers, we now know how dietary supplementation can help promote liver health. Here are some supplement ingredients you may wish to use in your custom formula:
- Milk Thistle: The active ingredient in this medicinal plant are a group of plant compounds collectively known as silymarin. Silymarin extracted from milk thistle contains antioxidant, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties which support the body altogether. The liver especially benefits from the ingredient’s protective agency against free radicals, which are produced when the liver metabolizes toxic substances. Studies show that milk thistle helps improve liver function in people with liver diseases, indicating that it may aid in the reduction of liver inflammation and liver damage.
- Andrographis: A staple in traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda, or natural medicine, Andrographis is one of the most widely used herbs for hepatoprotection, or liver protection. It can be used for an enlarged liver, jaundice, and live damage caused by medications.
- Grapeseed Extract (GSE): Research has proven grapeseed extract’s potential to protect the liver from drug-induced toxicity and damage. In one study, 15 people with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and high liver enzyme alanine aminotransferase (ALT) levels were administered GSE for three months, while another group was administered 2 grams of Vitamin C daily. Liver enzymes were monitored monthly, and after three months, the GSE group experienced a 46% reduction in ALT when the Vitamin C group showed minimal change.
- Turmeric: Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and works as a strong antioxidant. Another natural component that can promote liver health, curcumin behaves as a detoxifying agent in the body, reducing the risk of liver disease.
Whether you choose to include the above ingredients, or request a quote for your entirely different custom formula, we suggest you always advise prospective customers to contact their doctor before taking any dietary supplements. People may have conditions and take medications which could interfere with the benefits your product offers, and vice versa.
Contract Manufacturing with Makers Nutrition
Manufacturing a liver health supplement is no easy feat when dealing with a contract supplement manufacturing company that does not answer its phones or respond quickly. If you are reading this article, then you are in luck, because Makers Nutrition has earned many awards for an unmatched level of client care that keeps business owners coming back. We don’t let a phone call go unanswered or an inquiry unaddressed. Reach out to us on Facebook and we will get back to you faster than most supplement manufacturers do. This is the first step in a long-term partnership with a company that will serve your supplement manufacturing needs beyond expectations. So, take that first step and give us a call today at 1-844-625-3771. Let’s #buildabrand.
- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25043965/ https://www.rxlist.com/andrographis/supplements.htm