Vitamin B12, aka Cobalamin, is a critical vitamin that the body needs but cannot produce on its own. It works to support normal nerve cell function and is required for red blood cell formation and DNA synthesis. It can help boost energy levels, improve mood, memory, and prevent the development of cardiovascular disease. Read on to learn how you and your customers can benefit from you offering Vitamin B12 supplements with Makers Nutrition as your vitamin manufacturing partner.
What Else Does Vitamin B12 Do?
Vitamin B12 shows science-backed promising effects, which you can make easy for consumers to explore with a high-quality dietary supplement. This nutrient may:
- Reduce the Risk of Macular Degeneration: Vitamin B12 may reduce the risk of the eye’s development of age-related macular degeneration. Studies show that supplementing with this nutrient could lower the amount of homocysteine, a type of amino acid that is found in the bloodstream. This is important since higher levels of homocysteine have been linked to increased chances of macular degeneration.
- Improve Mood: Though more research is needed to fully comprehend how it works, Vitamin B12 may lead to less-than-adequate serotonin levels, causing a depressed mood. One study focusing on people with depression and low Vitamin B12 levels found that those who received both antidepressants and Vitamin B12 were more likely to show improved symptoms compared to subjects taking antidepressants alone. Another study showed that Vitamin B12 deficiency was connected to twice the risk of severe depression. Higher B12 levels have also been associated with better outcomes and a higher probability of recovery from major depressive disorder.
- Support Brain Health: Research has shown that in people with early-stage dementia, a combination of B12 and omega-3 fatty acids can slow mental decline. It also shows that even Vitamin B12 levels that are just on the low side could contribute to poor memory performance, perhaps serving as a wakeup call for consumers who do not know much about the vitamin’s abilities.
- Support Hair, Skin, and Nails: Adequate Vitamin B12 levels are necessary for healthy hair, skin, and nails. If your customers have low levels of B12, they could experience a variety of dermatological symptoms, including nail discoloration, vitiligo, and angular stomatitis. However, if your customers are well-nourished, then they will likely see no effect from a B12 supplement in terms of hair, skin, and nails.
Who is at risk of a Vitamin B12 Deficiency?
20% of people in the U.S. and the U.K. 60 years and over are deficient in Vitamin B12. Such a deficiency can occur when one’s diet lacks the nutrient, or the body is unable to absorb it through foods eaten. Clams, meat, sardines, fortified cereals, eggs, tuna, trout, salmon—all good sources of Vitamin B12. If people are vegan, they are more likely in need of Vitamin B12 if they do not take dietary supplements to compensate. There is also pernicious anemia, an autoimmune disease which drastically limits the body’s ability to absorb Vitamin B12, requiring the need for supplementation or injection with the nutrient.
Warning Signs of a Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Pale or yellow skin
- Depressive symptoms
- Gastro issues such as bloating, gas, nausea, and diarrhea
- Muscle cramps and muscle weakness
How to Manufacture Vitamin B12 supplements?
When you use Makers Nutrition as your vitamin manufacturing partner, you have access to all of our manufacturing capabilities. That means you have the opportunity to create top-of-the-line gummies, capsules, tablets, caplets, softgels, and powders. You can even offer Vitamin B12 in a B-complex formula. B-complex products often include an array of other beneficial nutrients including Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin. Highly potent Vitamin B12 can also be offered in the form of a multivitamin, which is climbing the market charts as you read this article!
Private Label Vitamin Manufacturer
If you want to get ahead of competition in an industry that is filled with so many brands whose products nearly match each other in formula and sometimes quality, then you need to partner with a vitamin manufacturing partner that is dependable and ahead of the game. Our team remains keeps itself educated on industry trends, consumer interest, and innovative ways to combine the two. Makers Nutrition is not just committed to quality, but safety and presentation, which leads me to our talented graphic designers.
Designing an Exceptional Supplement Label
To stand out as a vitamin brand, you must stand out as a label. Be it on the shelves or online, our team is ready to revamp your brand’s look or simply modify it. While we do not assist in marketing or branding for our clients, we do know what attracts the consumer’s eye. Once you express your goals and what you have in mind in terms of logo and layout, your designer will happily send you a proof of what they are thinking. And we won’t quit until we nail it. Should you choose to provide your own artwork, we can also seamlessly apply your labels in-house for you. There are endless options here at Makers.
Vitamin B12 supplements are often advised for those who are at risk of a deficiency, including older consumers, pregnant or nursing women, vegetarians and vegans, and individuals with intestinal issues. This is a great opportunity for you to offer the 79 million people who are vegan a product that can satisfy their daily B12 intake, without compromising their dietary restrictions. And therein lies the beauty of dietary supplements.
Private Label Vitamin Powder
Offering consumers an avenue to preventative health and better wellbeing holds a lot of power. By this I mean YOU hold the power to not just stock shelves with your dietary supplements manufactured in an FDA-registered facility that checks all the boxes. But you have the opportunity to educate consumers on how nutrients, vitamins, and minerals can impact their lives for the better. From eye health to better brain function, quality of life may be improved on so many levels with a safe, high-quality Vitamin B12 supplement. Utilize your resources, take full advantage of the services Makers Nutrition leaves available to you. Share with consumers through your user-compatible website the warning signs of a Vitamin B12 deficiency, list the highlights of what your gummies or capsules have to offer, demonstrate your brand’s integrity through claims you can stand behind because you manufactured your product using a vitamin manufacturing partner who values safety compliance, quality, and commitment to serving peoples’ needs.
Customer Service Excellence
An award-winning company for outstanding customer service, Makers Nutrition is devoted to an excellent experience from the first call to the finished product. We know you can easily take your business elsewhere if you do not feel 100% certain that we are the right fit as your vitamin manufacturer. When Founder and CEO Jason Provenzano began offering a full-service option, he knew what other vitamin manufacturers lacked. He knew that business owners were tired of the lack of communication between themselves and the service provider. And that is exactly what he instills in our team each and every day. That is why our clients are never left in the dark or thrown through loops just to be let down. Our phones are answered 24/7 by a live agent, not an answering machine. A product specialist will contact you within 48 hours, sometimes sooner, when you submit a formula for quotation. And you will certainly have a response almost immediately when you reach out to us on social media.