According to a Cargill Health Technologies and Harris Poll survey, nearly two-thirds of men (62%) believe people should take supplements to help with immunity year-round. There is also a significant interest in gut health, as almost 57% of men surveyed associated gut health with general health and wellbeing. Muscle and strength supplementation has also gained attention as older men seek products to help maintain youthfulness and improved fitness levels. We are here with everything you need to know about how to best appeal to male consumers seeking high-quality privately labeled vitamins and dietary supplements.
COVID Effect on Private Label Supplement Manufacturing
The long-lasting pandemic certainly increased prevalence of mood-related disorders and awareness of men’s health, as brands have begun to incorporate ingredients that help with stress and anxiety. Turmeric is expected to grow in popularity as the year progresses for its many benefits, as well as products to help the heart. These trends, which are now underway, have helped business owners grow their business and expand their offerings since the beginning of the pandemic, and now with a global rise in health consciousness, your brand too can benefit!
Turmeric/Curcumin as a Supplement
Amid and after COVID, people have busy lives. Your male customers may be husbands, caregivers, fathers, executives—it can be a lot to balance. And turmeric is one of those supplements that could make a positive difference in your customers lives, helping them find that balance. Curcumin, the bioactive compound in turmeric, has been declared a dopamine and serotonin booster, which may help ease your customers’ anxiety. Interestingly, research indicates that curcumin can act just as well as the anxiety medication Prozac. If a goal of yours is to turn consumers toward a more natural, less medicated future of better health, then consider manufacturing a turmeric/curcumin supplement. To learn more about the benefits of manufacturing curcumin, read another article of ours!
In terms of which ingredients to include in your custom private label supplement for heart health, here are some ingredients to consider manufacturing into a multivitamin through Makers Nutrition to help male consumers get ahead of potential cardiovascular complications.
- Vitamins A
- Omega-3 fatty acids
Multivitamins are manufactured most popularly in the form of gummies and capsules. With advanced flavor systems, our team is fully equipped to create your heart health multi that meets your specifications while exceeding expectations. Unlike perhaps your current gummy manufacturer, we make freshness a priority. To do so, we maintain ideal temperature and humidity levels. Warehoused in a state-of-the-art GMP facility, you can count on optimal outcomes.
In addition to heart health, we can’t forget to put an emphasis on gut health. Remember the study findings from earlier? Your team should know that the surveyed men were on the right track associating gut health with general wellness. If the gut is out of whack, then chances are everything else is too. If what you eat does not suit your digestive system, that can negatively impact how your brain functions, how you sleep, and your overall feeling throughout the day. While people whose guts are already in balance probably do not need any supplemental assistance, it is vital that those who do need help get the right kind. After meeting with a licensed physician, your customers can order a bottle of your beneficial product manufactured through a world-renowned supplement manufacturing service provider, Makers Nutrition. But which ingredients should I manufacture into this product? Glad you asked!
- Probiotics: You may most often hear about probiotics in connection with antibiotics. That is because studies continue to prove that taking probiotics can significantly reduce antibiotic-related diarrhea. The have also helped people with gastrointestinal issues like irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS.
- Prebiotics: While probiotics provide the good gut bacteria, prebiotics can help promote the good bacteria in the gut, while working to improve calcium absorption, support digestion and metabolism, and even keep things moving smoothly when it comes to #2.
- Licorice Root: This ingredient is known to mimic cortisol, the catabolic stress hormone. Cortisol breaks down muscle and can cause increased appetite, resulting in unwanted weight gain. Licorice root, usually offered as a veggie cap or powder, can help balance cortisol levels over time, thereby having a positive effect on gut health.
- Inulin: Providing prebiotics that foster the gut’s good bacteria, inulin is naturally found in garlic, onions, asparagus, and bananas. If these foods aren’t on your customers’ regular menu, they have the option of turning to a brand like yours that offers supplements containing inulin. Note that not all inulin has the same quality, so it is important to partner with a supplement manufacturing partner who only produces high-caliber products.
- L-Glutamine: It’s an amino acid that works to repair intestinal lining and bolster the immune system. L-glutamine is also a powerful antioxidant that supports good bacteria growth. However, too much of it can lead to a leaky gut, meaning that the gut lining is not functioning properly, and is now letting bad bacteria in. Consider this when writing up the Caution statement for your private label supplement label.
- Bone Broth: Most often offered in powder form to be mixed with water or a liquid of your customers’ choice, bone broth protein helps provide collagen, glucosamine, and amino acids, which all increase tissue repair in the gut. One of those amino acids is glutamine, so bone broth also promotes antioxidant agency throughout the body, providing protection from roaming free radicals.
Optimal Immune Function
As we know, digestive health connects to immune health. Therefore, it is very important that you educate your customers on why they should not only listen to, but tend to, their gut. Eating the right foods and taking the right supplements, such as Vitamins D and E, folate, iron, and selenium, can support the gut and maintain a healthy immune system that responds well when called to action.
Sports Nutrition and the Muscle Supplement Market
With increased interest in physical fitness and proper nutrition, men need well thought out supplements to consume before, during, and after their workouts. Athletes especially need more fluids than non-athletes to remain on top of their game, so your flavorful, hydrating pre-workout mix will serve the thousands of men taking gym supplements well. If you are unsure about the profit you might gain from offering such products, know that the global sprots nutrition market size valued at over $34 billion in 2020 and projected to climb over $67 billion by 2030. However, you can bet that there are plenty of competitors already offering high-quality fitness supplements worldwide. To get ahead, you need a full-service provider that can make your label stand out online and on shelves. Our talented graphic artists will design an eye-catching display that makes your signature logo pop!
White Label Opportunity
Whichever area of health for men you choose to pursue, if you are just starting out as a vitamin brand, it may be in your best interest to launch with a smaller investment. Makers Nutrition allows for you to do just that, by beginning with a ready-to-go stock product. Our line of white label formulas includes capsules, tablets, powders, gummies and more. Looking to offer an omega-3 supplement? We have the perfect softgels for you! If immune system function is your main focus for male consumers, then check out our immune formulas. We have something for every aspect of wellness.
Custom Private Label Supplement Manufacturing
If you are already on a roll with cultivating your vitamin business and would like to boost your growth, then switch to Makers Nutrition. Remember that not all supplements are created equal. We, however, hold ourselves accountable to provide nothing short of excellent—excellent quality, excellent customer service, excellent value. We source the finest raw materials to manufacture your products. We constantly improve our methods to make for a more convenient business experience than your last. We cut costs as much as possible for the benefit of your brand. In addition to supplements, we manufacture the keys to maximization, for every client deserves only a maximized chance at success.
- Sabarese, Angela. “Natural Ingredients for Men’s Health.” Nutrition Industry Executive, Sep. 2021, pp. 36-39.