An important mineral, magnesium plays a role in more than 300 enzyme reactions in the human body. It aids in helping with nerve and muscle function, as well as blood pressure regulation and healthy immune system support. Read on to learn why there is a need for private label magnesium supplements and how Makers Nutrition is the company to partner with to offer them.
Which foods contain magnesium?
Sufficient amounts of magnesium may be acquired via foods like chia seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, cooked black beans, peanut butter, boiled spinach, avocado, and cooked edamame. If these foods are not typically in people’s wheelhouse of ingredients, then they may need a product to supplement their diet. Your private label magnesium product could be the one that helps boost the wellbeing of so many consumers.
The Need for Magnesium
Albeit magnesium is naturally found in nuts, seeds, whole grains, dark leafy greens, and dark chocolate (yum!) many people do not get their daily dose. They could be doing themselves a disservice because magnesium can optimize wellness and ensure healthy functioning of many systems. Your private label brand can assist consumers in getting enough daily magnesium.
Areas of health magnesium can help
Magnesium helps the body and mind work properly, but you may need an angle if you are thinking up a target consumer. Here are some specific areas to consider when manufacturing your dietary supplement.
- Bone Health: When you see calcium, you probably think bone health. But did you know that magnesium is also extremely important to healthy bone formation? Research has linked adequate magnesium intake with higher bone density, improved bone crystal formation, and a lower risk of osteoporosis in females after menopause, another category you may wish to explore.
- Heart Health: Without adequate magnesium, consumers are at a higher risk of cardiovascular complications. According to a 2019 meta-analysis, increased magnesium intake could help lower an individual’s risk of stroke. The mineral also plays a part in hypertension, though more research is required in this field. Another review determined that magnesium supplements may help improve numerous risk factors for heart disease, such as LDL and HDL cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels, and systolic blood pressure levels, particularly in people with a magnesium deficiency.
- Sleep Support: Insomniacs often turn to magnesium as a supplement because it is proving itself effective as a natural remedy for sleep problems. Magnesium works to moderate several neurotransmitters involved in sleep, such as gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and glutamate. One review focusing on older adults with insomnia found that magnesium supplements lowered the amount of time it took them to fall asleep by an average of 17 minutes. That average can make a big difference in people’s lives, helping them gain the much-needed quality sleep time they are lacking.
- Mood Regulation: Low levels of magnesium correlate with a higher risk of depression. An analysis of data from more than 8,800 people found that individuals under the age of 65 with the lowest magnesium intake had a 22% greater risk of depression. More, supplementing with this nutrient has been found to help reduce symptoms of depression, offering hope to many people who deal with the condition.
- Migraine Prevention and Relief: Since magnesium affects neurotransmitters and restricts blood vessel constriction, both of which are connected to migraines, supplementing with magnesium might be a good idea for the 35+ million Americans who suffer from migraine headaches. Unfortunately, migraines are the world’s third most-prevalent ailment, and the world’s sixth most-disabling. You yourself may have a headache from dealing with an unreliable supplement manufacturer, which brings me to why you should switch to a service provider that does not let clients down.
What we have to offer
If you run a private label health brand, then you know consumers don’t just buy the first product they see on the shelves or online. Your customers are well-educated on why they need to research the dietary supplements they take and where they get them from. Makers Nutrition serves as the #1 supplement manufacturer of all sorts of vitamins and supplements, but do you know why?
When partnered with Makers Nutrition, the manufacturing, packaging, labeling, and warehousing of your magnesium supplements are all handled under one FDA-registered, GMP-compliant facility. We hold ourselves to a high standard of providing only top-notch service, from the moment you make your first phone call inquiring about a quote to the day you receive your high-quality products.
Freight and Logistics Options
Speaking of receiving your products, we can deliver anything from one case to a whole truckload of dietary supplements. Yes, we offer competitive pricing in terms of MOQs and production, but the cost cutting does not stop there. We cut costs all the way through our superior freight services. We know our clients do not have the time to learn all there is to know about the logistics required to get a product to market. Our fulfillment centers are integrated with all of the top e-commerce platforms, and we work with the biggest and best transportation companies in the country to provide our clients with the best-priced delivery options for everything from a single bottle to a truckload. We have negotiated the absolute best discounts with all our carriers, and we pass along the savings to our clients. Whether a simple warehouse delivery or white glove service, we can provide the right delivery at the best price for any client, fully insured.
A new ingredient for your sports nutrition products
If you already have magnesium supplements on the market, and need something fresh and inspiring, then consider featuring magnesium in private label pre-workout products. During exercise, your customers need more magnesium than when they are resting. Magnesium works to move blood sugar into muscles and dispose of lactate, which can build up during a workout routine and cause fatigue. That fatigue can slow your gym-going customers down from achieving their fitness goals, which is never ideal.
Again, your customers are knowledgeable on their sources, and they need to know the facts. Through a QR code or URL, you can inform them that studies have demonstrated magnesium’s agency in improving exercise performance in older adults and individuals with a deficiency in the mineral. One study involving 2,570 women connected higher magnesium intake with increased muscle mass and strength. In another study, volleyball players who took 250 mg of magnesium daily experienced advancements in movements and jumping. If that’s not enough, one more study indicated that magnesium supplements protected against muscle damage in professional cyclists. Magnesium is sounding more and more like the missing ingredient from your sports nutrition line.
Graphic Design for Private Label Supplements
While more research is underway to support similar claims, you can share with consumers similar findings and attract their attention with a standout label. When you choose us for your graphic design needs, you are assigned a talented graphics artist who can pinpoint the exact style you are looking to display through product labeling and packaging. And then, instead of dealing with the hassle of lining up a printing company to print your expertly designed labels, you can count on us with our premium equipment to get the job done.
Interested in learning more about our full-service capabilities? Call us at today at 1-844-625-3771.