Healthy and luscious hair is often considered an essential component of one’s overall appearance and self-confidence. While genetics play a significant role in determining hair health, proper nutrition and supplementation contribute greatly to achieving and maintaining a head of vibrant, beautiful hair. As a leading manufacturer of dietary supplements, Makers Nutrition recognizes the importance of catering to the growing demand for hair health products.
But first, the state of the market
In 2021, the hair supplement market was valued at over $960 million. It is projected to reach nearly $3 billion by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 11.5% during the forecast period. North America holds the largest share of 33% of the global hair supplement market, while East and South Asia are among the major regions where the market is expected to grow at 13-14%.
What this means for business
If you are a U.S.-based company, then you can count on business growth when offering products for hair health and partnering with the industry’s #1 supplement manufacturer. With more focus on natural approaches to wellness, including that of people’s hair, as you invest in hair supplements, consumers will invest in your brand.
Why manufacture hair supplements?
Consumers are interested in buying natural dietary supplements and vitamins that support hair health for a variety of reasons. First, there is a growing trend towards holistic and natural approaches to health and beauty. Many consumers are seeking alternatives to traditional synthetic products and are drawn to natural supplements as a way to nourish and support their overall well-being. Natural hair products are often perceived as safer and gentler on the body compared to chemical-laden products.
Next, hair health is closely linked to personal identity and self-confidence. While some may think nothing of it, for many, hair loss or thinning can significantly impact an individual's self-esteem and overall quality of life. Natural dietary supplements and vitamins that claim to support hair health have become appealing to consumers as they offer the potential to address these concerns in a more natural and holistic manner. People are often willing to invest in supplements if they believe it can help improve the appearance and condition of their hair, contributing to a sense of self-assurance.
Last but not least, the influence of marketing and media certainly plays a significant role in consumer interest in natural hair supplements. Advertisements, testimonials, and influencers often promote these products, highlighting their potential benefits. People are influenced by the success stories and positive reviews shared by others who have experienced improved hair health through the use of such supplements. The desire to achieve similar results drives consumers to invest, hoping to attain healthier and more vibrant hair.
Vitamins, minerals and nutrients to manufacture for healthier hair
Empower your customers to unlock their hair's potential with these essential supplements and help them achieve the hair they've always dreamed of.
1. Biotin, the beauty vitamin: Biotin, or Vitamin B7, is a water-soluble vitamin that plays a critical role in maintaining healthy hair. It supports the production of keratin, a protein that forms the structural foundation of hair strands. Biotin supplements can strengthenhair, reduce brittleness, and promote overall hair growth.
2. Collagen peptides, nourish from within: Collagen is a protein abundant in the body, including the scalp and hair follicles. It provides the structural support necessary for healthy hair growth. However, as we age, collagen production decreases, leading to weaker hair strands and increased hair loss. Collagen supplements can support thicker, fuller hair, increase elasticity, and contribute to a healthier scalp. And Makers Nutrition just so happens to be an expert collagen protein manufacturer.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids, the power of essential oils: Omega-3 fatty acids, primarily found in fish oil, are renowned for their numerous health benefits. They help combat inflammation and promote overall well-being, including hair health. These essential fatty acids sustain hair follicles and promote healthy hair growth. Formulating with omega-3 may offer consumers a natural solution for maintaining shiny, strong, and well-nourished hair.
4. Vitamin E: protect and strengthen: Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that helps protect hair follicles from oxidative stress caused by free radicals. It promotes blood circulation to the scalp, ensuring adequate oxygen and nutrient delivery to hair follicles. Vitamin E supplements can help limit hair loss, promote hair regrowth, and enhance overall hair strength and shine.
5. Zinc, building blocks for hair growth: Zinc is a vital mineral that supports a wide range of physiological functions, including hair growth and repair. It plays a crucial role in DNA and RNA synthesis, cell division, and protein synthesis—essential processes for healthy hair follicles. Zinc supplements can prevent hair thinning and promote hair regrowth in individuals experiencing hair loss.
6. Saw palmetto, nurturing hair follicles: Saw palmetto is a natural extract derived from the fruit of the Serenoa repens plant. It is commonly used to promote prostate health in men, but it also exhibits hair benefits. Saw palmetto supplements can inhibit the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a hormone linked to hair loss. In this case, aging men may just be your target consumer group.
Need a few more ingredients?
7. Iron helps deliver oxygen to hair follicles, promoting healthy hair growth. Iron-rich foods include red meat, poultry, fish leafy green vegetables, beans, lentils, and fortified cereals. Pairing iron-rich foods with Vitamin C sources, such as citrus fruits or bell peppers, can enhance iron absorption. Supplemental iron can help those who don’t maintain adequate levels.
8. Vitamin C aids in the production of collagen, which is essential for hair structure. It also helps in iron absorption. Good sources of Vitamin C include citrus fruits like oranges and lemons, as well as other fruits like strawberries, kiwi, and guava.
9. Vitamin A promotes the production of sebum, an oily substance that keeps the scalp moisturized. It can be found in foods such as carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, and kale.
10. Selenium is an important mineral that supports hair growth and may prevent damage. It can be found in Brazil nuts, seafood, lean meats, and whole grains. However, supplemental support could help your vegetarian or vegan customers keep up their levels.
11. Niacin, aka Vitamin B3, assists in scalp circulation, supporting the delivery of nutrients to hair follicles. It is found in poultry, lean meats, fish, legumes, whole grains, and mushrooms. Again, those who rely heavily on plant-based foods can turn to your supplement brand for help.
Manufacture hair health supplements with Makers
By including the above hair health supplements in your product line, we can help you enable consumers to take the best care of their hair. The definition of beauty has changed dramatically over the years. More and more people are vibing with the motto “less is more.” They want simple. They just want healthy hair. And Makers Nutrition is the supplement manufacturer that can help you help them live an easier life sans damaging hair dye that contains harmful chemicals. Offer essential nutrients through safe, high-quality products and customers will be ordering away!