Nearly 70 million households in America have at least one dog. 45 million households have cats. Many of these pets develop health issues, especially as they age. Bone and joint, vision, and overall wellness are key factors that pet owners look to get ahead of for their furry family members, and with the help of Makers Nutrition, you can offer these consumers premium pet supplements manufactured right here in the U.S.A.
Full Turnkey Pet Supplement Manufacturing
At Makers Nutrition, we specialize in pet vitamin manufacturing using the finest ingredients and delivery systems. We handle everything from manufacturing and graphic design to packaging and order fulfillment for both custom private label formulas and our own white label pet supplements. That way, all you need to focus on is the branding and marketing of your pet vitamin or supplement. The products we help you produce are carefully dosed and tested to meet the nutritional needs of your customers’ pets while keeping your business out of any regulatory trouble. We'll guide you through the entire process, making sure you are on board every step of the way.
FDA, GMP-Registered Facility Pet Vitamin Manufacturer
When you partner with an expert pet vitamin manufacturing service provider, you can rest assured that your products were manufactured in a state-of-the-art FDA-registered and GMP-compliant facility. Our machinery is operated by an expert staff of technicians, strictly overseen to ensure delivery of precise dosages and accurate ingredients, while our facility's microencapsulation technology is patented. With Good Manufacturing Practice compliance also comes tight quality control on all aspects of a seamless supplement manufacturing, operation, from sourcing to finished product.
Pet supplement market value
If you already offer dietary supplements and vitamins for humans, consider the global pet supplement market size. According to Grand View Research, it was valued at nearly $2 billion in 2021 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2022-2030. The rise in pets-as-family view has led to consumers spending significantly on their food, toys, supplements, accessories, and other products to keep their cats and dogs active, healthy, and happy. A 2021 report published by the American Pet Products Association (APPA) showed that cat, dog, and bird owners spent approximately $109 billion on these animals in the U.S. alone. Such trends are driving the market upward, thereby increasing the possibilities of success for your supplement brand!
Popular Dog Supplement Ingredients
Coming up with a custom vitamin or supplement for dogs but in need some ingredient suggestions? You can count on us!
- Apple Cider Vinegar: a resounding number of pet owners are interested in giving their pups apple cider vinegar supplements. Here’s why. ACV is a powerful antioxidant and antibacterial that can help prevent urinary tract infections (UTIs) and itchy, flaky skin. But that’s not all… ACV can help improve digestion by balancing pH levels in dogs’ bodies, relieve muscle soreness in active or older dogs, and rid their skin of bacteria.
- Fish Oil: one of the most beneficial ingredients to include in a custom pet supplement formula, fish oil can support a healthy heart, silky coat, and reduce the effects of allergies. Its omega-3 fatty acid content works to promote proper brain and eye development in puppies, while it can help improve cognitive function in older dogs dealing with canine cognitive dysfunction.
- Vitamins A, C, D, and E: great for eye and skin health, and support of growth and optimal digestion.
- Glucosamine: a crystalline compound found in connective tissue, is ideal for canine joint support supplements, as it can help relieve symptoms of arthritis.
Popular Private Label Supplements for Dogs
Many of the veterinarian approved custom formulated products have been manufactured to help in the following areas of canine health:
- Bone & Joint
- Anxiety and Stress
- Flea Control
- Immune System
- Renal Support
Popular Cat Vitamin and Supplement Ingredients
It is very important that your customers speak with their veterinarians before administering any feline care vitamins or supplements to their pets. In certain cases, cats may need the following supplemental vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin A: crucial for a cat’s night vision and healthy skin
- Vitamin C: important for optimal tissue growth and immune health
- Vitamin E: because it is an antioxidant, vitamin E helps protect cells from oxidative damage
- Omega-6: plays a critical part in cats’ neurological development, immune system function, energy production, skin and coat health, and joint mobility
Popular Private Label Supplements for Cats
Pet supplement brands often manufacture cat vitamins that cater to the following areas of feline health:
- Immune system
- Digestive system
- Endocrine system
- Skin support
- Joint support
- Renal support
Pet Product Formats
Many of the pet supplements we specialize in producing range in category, from bone and joint health to multivitamins for overall wellness. These vitamins and supplements can be manufactured in the following formats:
- Soft Chews: chewable tablets are easy for your customers to incorporate into their pets’ diet. It can be hidden in food or handed to them with a treat. These are among the most popular ways of supplementing vitamins and minerals for dogs.
- Powders: can be mixed into dog food and added to meals
- Capsules and Softgels: can be hidden in peanut butter or preferred dog food
If you have a pet supplement project in mind but aren’t sure if Makers Nutrition would suit your manufacturing needs, then give us a call 1-844-625-3771 and speak directly with a product specialist who can help address your concerns.
More Than Cats and Dogs
Makers Nutrition has helped countless supplement brands successfully launch products for not only cats and dogs, but reptiles, horses, and even birds! All of our pet vitamins are made right here in the U.S. with high-quality imported ingredients. This high quality can help a variety of reptile nutrition needs, canine dental health, feline joint support, equestrian hoof care, and overall bird health and wellness.
Why Makers Nutrition for Pet Supplement Manufacturing?
Makers Nutrition is full of animal lovers who look forward to receiving quote requests from clients who want only the best for their customers’ pets. We handle all types of supplements for all sorts of animals. When veterinarians call to discuss their pet vitamin venture, they are impressed by our knowledge in the pet supplementation arena. We are flexible in our manufacturing capabilities, and we are happy to make suggestions that best suit your pet supplement goals.
Label and Package Design for Pet Products
To be a successful animal supplement brand, your supplements should present well to pet owners. Our graphic design team is committed to designing exceptional labels and product packaging. With many packaging options available, including jars, tubs, and bottles—your product's container and label can be configured as you envisioned it. Presentation of your packaging is our top priority -- we ask that you share your design goals when requesting your pet vitamin quote.
Know your audience
According to APPA, from 2021-2022, millennials made up the largest group of owners at 32%, with boomers following right behind at 27%, and Gen X at 24%. Take this information and use it to your advantage. Make sure that when discussing your label design with one of our team members, you share which target consumer you have in mind for your product. The supplement’s flavor and texture must appeal to the pets, but the package design must appeal to the people buying these pet products. Food for thought!