Chronic pain caused by arthritis affects millions of lives in the United States. One in four adults with arthritis, around 15 million people, report experiencing severe joint pain related to arthritis, while half of the adult population with arthritis report persistent pain. Either way, these people need help, and it’s help your private label brand can provide.
What is chronic pain?
Many people complain about their aches and pains, but sometimes that pain becomes chronic when mismanaged or not managed at all. Chronic pain is pain that lasts for over three months. Whether it comes and goes or is there all the time, chronic pain can interrupt everyday life and activities. It can lead to anxiety, depression, and sleeping trouble, which can make the pain worse. This is a difficult cycle to break, but with the right medical and supplement intervention, there is hope on the horizon. More on that in a bit.
Chronic joint and arthritis pain
While chronic pain can occur anywhere on the body, affecting an estimated 25% of adults in America, arthritis usually hits people hardest in the knees, elbows, wrists, and hips. Arthritis is a condition that can and does cause immense bone and joint pain. It is not a single disease, but inflammation of one or more joints, causing pain and stiffness that can worsen with age. There are several conditions that cause the chronic pain often associated with arthritis:
- Gout: a painful, at times extremely painful condition in which crystals from the body collect in a joint usually in the big toe, causing severe pain and swelling.
- Tendinitis: an inflammation of the tendons, or the flexible bands that connect bone to muscle. It is typically experienced in the heel, elbow, or shoulder and is usually caused by overuse.
- Bursitis: also caused by overuse, bursitis usually occurs in the knee, elbow, hip, or shoulder.
Types of arthritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: a chronic disease that causes swelling and pain in the joints. It often causes joint deformities and usually occurs in the wrists and fingers.
- Osteoarthritis: gradually develops over time when the cartilage, or protective cushion in between bones, wears away. The joints become stiff and painful.
How to manage joint pain
There may not be a cure for chronic pain, but there are definitely strategies people use to limit the amount of pain they experience. Here are some popular ones:
- Exercise: walking, swimming, or low-impact aerobic exercise can help ease the stress that is constantly put on joints.
- Weight loss: more weight can mean more pressure on bones and joints, causing potentially chronic pain. In this case, losing weight in a healthy way could lessen the pain experienced.
- Topical aids: sometimes an ointment or cream infused with certain ingredients with anti-inflammatory properties are beneficial for areas like the knees and elbows.
- Supportive aids: a brace, cane, or orthotic device in the shoe can help support joints and allow ease of movement.
These are all viable options for people suffering from chronic pain. In addition to all of them, the same individuals can also seek dietary supplements that target bone and joint pain relief. That is, of course, after consulting their health care practitioner.
Vitamins and supplements for bone and joint health
A healthy diet could incorporate many of the nutrients needed for optimal bone health, but as people age, adding supplements to the mix can ensure they are covered. Here are some of those supplements, which you can offer through your own private label business:
- Vitamin D: without it, bone loss can occur. While your customers may claim they get most of their Vitamin D from the sun, they are most likely wearing protective sunscreen, which rejects the Vitamin D-producing ultraviolet rays. Therefore, it is important that they either eat foods rich in Vitamin D or take Vitamin D supplements which are popularly consumed as softgels.
- Calcium: one of the most important minerals for bone health. Dairy products usually contain adequate amounts of calcium, but calcium supplements may be necessary if one’s diet falls short. For example, vegans are already at a risk of low calcium intake, but aging vegans are at an even higher risk since things tend to slow down as we age, like absorption of vital vitamin and minerals.
- Magnesium: right up there with calcium as one of the most important minerals for bone health. Magnesium works to help the body utilize Vitamin D and calcium. Research shows that magnesium deficiencies contribute to the development of osteoporosis, which is a condition that causes bones to become weak and brittle. If enough isn’t coming from one’s diet, then a dietary supplement could be the best way to maintain adequate levels.
- Collagen: an essential protein that plays a role in everything from skin structure to blood clotting to bone health. Studies suggest that collagen peptides can support bone density, particularly well in post-menstrual women, and potentially counteract osteoporosis.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin: both natural components of the tissues that make up cartilage. They both aid in cartilage breakdown prevention, thereby reducing joint discomfort and promoting healthy mobility.
Choosing the right supplement manufacturer in the USA
While these products may prove helpful for many, dietary supplements are not meant to treat or cure any disease. These ingredients can be manufactured in a state-of-the-art GMP facility if you partner with an FDA registered company, like Makers Nutrition. If you do not choose an FDA-registered company, then there is no way you can guarantee customers that your private labeled dietary supplements are high quality or safe, since Good Manufacturing Practices are enforced by the Food and Drug Administration.
Not all supplement manufacturers are created equal. Some deceive business owners with false bait. They promise you the world and before you know it you are in a nightmare scenario with product half done that you don’t want to pay for. Do your due diligence with the supplement manufacturing company before signing on. Unlike other providers Makers Nutrition invites prospective clients to look us up, watch our videos on YouTube, and inquire.
Dietary supplement users know what to look for. While you may be introducing the benefits of products for bone and joint pain, the more experienced consumers want to know if the facility that manufactured the vitamins and supplements they might take is FDA registered and the products are GMP compliant.
White label to private label
Once you have called us up and decided we are the top suitable GMP supplement manufacturing service provider for your brand, it will be time to choose exactly the kind of product you would like to create. We offer an array of bone and joint benefitting formulas readily available to brand your own. We have tablets specifically designed to support bones and joints, with grass-fed bovine collagen powder free of GMOs, artificial ingredients, color additives and preservatives also in stock for you to private label.
Custom bone and joint
If you have something else in mind and wish to have a gummy, softgel, or other delivery format manufactured, we are still your go-to partner. You may not know that we have the capabilities your previous provider lacked. We are eager for you to contact us with any questions you have about what we can do, and how we outpace the other guys.
Differing from most partners who leave you guessing, we hold your hand through the whole process. There is not a moment where you do not know what is happening with your label, your packaging, or manufacturing. We keep you updated and aware at all times, so nothing slips through the cracks or gets forgotten. Nothing is completed until you’ve approved. So, request a supplement manufacturing quote and let’s get to it!