Your herbal supplement manufacturer is not doing it right. How do we know? Because you are not working with us… yet! Makers Nutrition is the supplement manufacturing consultant you can count on for high-quality herbal supplement manufacturing, packaging, and delivering. Read on to learn all about green tea and why it should be the next ingredient in your new herbal product.
What is green tea?
Green, black, and oolong teas are all derived from the same plant—Camellia sinensis, but they are each prepared differently. To produce green tea, leaves from the plant are steamed, pan fried, and dried. It is one of the most commonly consumed teas in the world and has been hailed by Chinese and Japanese cultures for centuries, as green tea holds many medicinal and natural offerings.
Health benefits of consuming green tea
Around 86% of the United States population drinks green tea, while 59% drinks black, white, and oolong teas. Many of these individuals also purchase dietary supplements containing green tea extract so they don’t necessarily have to drink a beverage and they find it most convenient. They turn to green tea extract to gain the benefits of this herbal ingredient that has helped many people. These benefits include:
- Heart Health: At the top of most older adults’ lists is concern for their heart. As we age, the risk factors may grow when we neglect warning signs or cues that we should boost our better eating habits and exercise more often. A daily high-quality herbal supplement comprising green tea extract can assist. A 2006 study following over 40,000 participants ages 40-79 indicated that green tea consumption is connected to a reduced rate of mortality due to cardiovascular disease. A 2016 meta-analysis of research regarding green tea and heart disease supported the previous finding. Two reviews from 2017 and 2019 also found that the polyphenols in green tea can help support a healthy immune response, lower blood pressure, and improve epithelial function, which may help reduce the risk of heart disease in individuals who are obese. In fact, in 2012, one study focused on 56 people with high blood pressure and obesity who took 379 mg of green tea extract for three months. They showed a significant decrease in blood pressure when compared to a placebo group. They also experienced considerable reductions in blood fat levels, including lower triglycerides and LDL, the bad cholesterol.
- Cognitive Wellbeing: Green tea has been demonstrated to have a positive effect on brain health and memory, and it may help protect against brain diseases. How? Green tea is packed with antioxidants, such as EGCG, which guard against oxidative stress. This protection can aid reducing brain damage that could eventually lead to mental decline and brain diseases like Alzheimer’s, dementia, and Parkinson’s.
- Weight Loss Supplementation: The combination of green tea’s caffeine and catechin content appears to aid in weight loss efforts. Both components have been shown to aid in weight loss by modulating hormones that may enhance thermogenesis, the process through which the body burns calories to digest food and produce heat. Green tea has proven itself effective in boosting this process by making the body more effective at burning calories, which helps people shed more fat.
- Physical Performance and Recovery: Some see green tea as a helpful tool in exercising more efficiently, while others believe it to enhance recovery, or both! While exercise is important, it is known to produce oxidative stress and damage to cells within the body. As stated above, green tea’s antioxidants, catechins, can help protect against that oxidative stress. They may also help delay muscle fatigue. 35 men in a study showed that green tea extract combined with strength training for weeks boosted the body’s antioxidant protection. In addition, 16 sprinters who consumed green tea extract for four weeks demonstrated increased protection against oxidative stress produced during repeated sprints. In terms of green tea’s agency in enhancing performance, one study determined that 14 men who took green tea extract for four weeks increased their running distance by 10.9%.
- Skin Wellness: Green tea can help different skin conditions, such as rosacea, dermatitis, and warts. It has specifically been shown to help with acne and aging skin. In fact, a study unveiled that consuming 1,500 mg of green tea extract daily for four weeks yielded considerable reductions in red skin bumps caused by acne. Supplemental green tea may also assist in loss of skin elasticity, premature aging, and inflammation. This is why green tea has been added to so many new cosmetic products. Are the innovative gears turning yet for your next private label skin care supplement?
- Blood Sugar Regulation: The catechins in green tea, particularly EGCG, have also been shown to enhance insulin sensitivity and regulate the production of blood sugar, both of which are helpful in reducing blood sugar levels. In one study, 14 subjects with no underlying health conditions were given a sugary substance and either 1.5 grams of green tea or a placebo. The green tea group experienced better blood sugar tolerance after 30 minutes and continued to show better results, compared to the placebo group. A different study indicated that green tea extract helped improve insulin sensitivity in healthy young men by 13%. More, an analysis of 17 studies concluded that green tea extract is helpful in decreasing fasting blood sugar levels and can help lower levels of hemoglobin A1C, which is an indicator of blood sugar levels over the past two to three months.
Green tea extract benefits manufactured into supplements
These benefits can all be manufactured into high-quality herbal supplements. Given that green tea is helpful in so many areas, you have quite the array of options when targeting consumers. You can manufacture green tea supplements for:
- Consumers with heart health risk
- Individuals looking to lose weight while eating a healthier diet and exercising
- Sports nutrition fans or people looking to enhance their post-workout recovery efforts
- Older consumers interested in maintaining healthy skin appearance
- Those with current high blood pressure or those at risk
How to private label green tea extract
Not only can we walk you through a simplified manufacturing process, but we can also be the team that private labels your high-quality green tea supplements. If you have not yet gone though this process, then allow us to handle everything while you work on the branding and marketing strategy you will execute to maximize sales. Once Makers Nutrition receives your custom ingredient list, we will get started on creating your supplement. While that is happening, one of our talented graphic designers will discuss with you the artwork portion of the process, which you may provide yourself, or have the designer create him or herself. The labels are printed, bottles are filled, labels applied, and your product is packaged! We do the heavy lifting to make it easier for all of our clients.
Herbal supplement delivery formats
You may also choose to offer green tea as a powder or tablet, both delivery formats of which we are pros at facilitating the manufacturing. Our next-generation equipment can churn out next-level quality, so your customers return time and time again. Our capabilities far exceed the other supplement manufacturer that has limited capacity and may sell you short on your potential due to their lack of resources.
Herbal supplement manufacturing excelled
It is very important that you partner with a supplement manufacturing company that values consumer safety. Why? Because herbal supplements can easily become dangerous with inaccurate dosing or tainted ingredients. Here at Makers Nutrition, our team of experts is dedicated to producing only safe dietary supplements that you have signed off on through and through. We work to meet your exact specifications, so your customers receive the best possible outcomes. When your customers receive the best, then they will return for more from YOUR brand, resulting is business growth for you! Don’t settle for less when you can have the best, is how we see it.