Statistics on the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases website suggest that digestive health issues are rampant in the U.S. According to the study titled “Digestive Diseases Statistics for the United States,” 60 to 70 million people are affected by digestive diseases. Some of the most common digestive diseases are gastroesophageal reflux (GERD), ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and diverticulitis. What if we told you your private label business can both thrive with sales AND help people achieve better digestive health? Let’s get into it.
The Gut-Immune Connection
Since so much of the immune system resides in the gut, there is an increasing number of dietary supplements on the market in support of immune health through microbiota replenishment. According to David Heber, MD, PhD, in an article on USCLA Health’s website titled “If you want to boost immunity, look to the gut,” 70% of the immune system is in the gut, and nutrition is a key regulator of immune function. To help consumers who wish to improve their gut health, in turn their immune health, and thus their overall health, then manufacture, label, and package a safe, nutrient-rich supplement that truly delivers with a company that you can trust.
Importance of Gut Health
Anand Godbole, assistant vice president of marketing and strategy at Inventia Healthcare (Nutriventia) Ltd., told Nutrition Industry Executive “The digestive health market has been undergoing a large change in recent years from true gut health to a broader array of benefits. Earlier, these ingredients were focused on digestive issues and immune health, but recent studies have shown that a healthy digestive system helps maintain good overall health through better nutrient absorption, its microbiome makeup and connection to the body’s functions. The gut has become the center of a person’s health from a strong immune system to brain function and cardiovascular health.” If you produce a gut health supplement, you can help customers on their journeys to better overall health.
If people do not know the signs of an unhealthy gut, then they may not know to take preventative measures in promoting their own wellness. Here are some signs to look out for:
- Unintentional Weight Fluctuation: gaining or losing weight without making changes to one’s diet or exercise habits could be a sign of an unhealthy diet. An imbalanced gut can impair the body’s ability to absorb nutrients, modulate blood sugar, and store fat.
- Skin Irritation: Interestingly, the skin can signal a gut issue. Leaking of certain proteins into the body can irritate the skin and cause skin conditions such as eczema.
- Sleep Problems and Persistent Fatigue: An unhealthy gut may cause sleep disturbances, and contribute to insomnia, which leaves people feeling tired constantly. How does the gut play into all of this? Much of the body’s serotonin, a hormone that impacts mood and sleep, is produced in the gut. Therefore, if the gut is out of sorts, then the ability to sleep soundly suffers as well.
What Can People Do?
Before and while individuals take your supplement manufactured by a trustworthy source, they can make some changes to their lifestyle to further promote better gut-immune health. Here are some suggestions your private label supplement brand could make through a website or QR code included on your expertly designed product label:
- Eat Slower: As delicious as that meal may be, chewing food thoroughly and slowly can work in the gut’s benefit, allowing for better digestion and absorption of vitamins and minerals. It can also help reduce digestive discomfort (think gassiness and bloating).
- Remain Hydrated: Consuming plenty of water has been proven to positively affect the lining of the intestines and balance of good bacteria in the gut. Encourage your customers to drink more water!
- Lower Stress Levels: Stress leads to inflammation, and too much inflammation can cause harm to the entire body—including the gut. Meditating, walking, diffusing essential oils, limiting caffeine consumption—these are all ways to help minimize the amount of stress on the mind and therefore in the body.
- Sleep More: As difficult as it may sound, your customers need to hear it. “Put the cell phone down!” Blue light exposure suppresses melatonin levels from rising when they need to do so at night, keeping people awake longer. Sleep is required for a healthy gut and a healthy life, so getting at least 7 hours of rest each night is a very important reminder for your customers.
Gut-Immune Supplements to Manufacture
- Probiotics: Consumers invested in their gut health through improved immune function are most interested in probiotics. Many vitamin and supplement brand executives agree that consumers love their probiotics, as they have witnessed a dramatic growth in this category on the market. Our clients are increasingly offering probiotics for immune health that contain Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum, which are known to naturally occupy the intestines of healthy individuals.
- Prebiotics: These are specialized plant fibers that act like fertilizers which stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut. Prebiotics are found in fruits and vegetables, and though undigestible, they serve their purpose by feeding the healthy bacteria and other microbes throughout the digestive system. While some clients offer singular probiotic products, many offer combination probiotic/prebiotic supplements, providing all the gut-immune benefits in one wholesome product.
- Multivitamin Gummies: Incorporating a multivitamin capsule, tablet, or gummy into one’s daily life is a great way to ensure adequacies across the board. Vitamin C, Vitamin D, elderberry, mushroom extract---these are all ingredients your private label brand could use to create a high-quality multivitamin supplement that also supports immune-gut health. Most recently, multivitamin gummies have taken the stage as one of the most popular supplements, but successful brands are getting ahead with better-tasting products. Have you heard about Makers Nutrition’s advanced flavoring systems? Call us at 1-844-625-3771 and we will tell you how we bring clients’ products to the next level through not only innovative manufacturing, but improved flavor!
Innovative Supplement Manufacturing
Thinking ahead of the curve, Makers Nutrition is constantly coming up with new ways to help businesses likes yours grow and evolve. Therefore, our team thinks up new, innovative white label formula ideas for you to offer customers. On the market today are not just capsules and tablets, but powders and gummies that bring flavor and fun to the typical supplement regimen.
White Label to Private Label Supplements and Vitamins
If you are a smaller investor or startup, request samples of our award-winning line of white label formulas available for you to private label. With Makers Nutrition’s competitive pricing and low MOQs, you can get your product to market quicker than other brands and win consumer interest faster! Most popularly, our clients enjoy private labeling our Orange Slice Vitamin C gummies, which are not only refreshing, but non-GMO, vegan friendly, and free of artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, and sweeteners. Our sugar free, gluten free, all-natural Elderberry Immunity powder contains beneficial Vitamin C and zinc for optimal immune system health.
Supplement Manufacturer Success
Utilizing the service of a turnkey operation as experienced, qualified, and committed to quality as Makers Nutrition will enable you to feed your private label business with virtually everything it needs to grow and become a popular brand among consumers looking to get ahead in their gut-immune wellness and improve their lives. Ready to take the first step towards success? Call today!
- “Easy to Digest: Ingredients for Gut Health.” Nutrition Industry Executive, Jan/Feb. 2022, pp. 25-30.