Have you been working on a line of sports nutrition products but see that most supplements on the market are almost identical to one another in the goals they try to help consumers reach? We have a new perspective for you! Consider manufacturing products that can help ease pre-workout anxiety which often holds bodybuilders and gym goers back from achieving their goals.
What are Sports Nutrition Supplements Used For?
It may seem like an obvious answer, but it is much more complex than you think. Sports powders that mix easily into your customers’ favorite smoothie are great for increased energy and decreased recovery time after physical activity. However, today we are taking a broader look at the potential of pre-workouts and other supplements in terms of how they can interact for better physical and mental post-workout outcomes.
Why Are People Experiencing Pre-Workout Anxiety?
Beware that some pre-workouts are manufactured with ingredients that incite anxiety. Here are a few:
- Caffeine: Not all caffeine is bad but ingesting it before working out might not be the best idea for someone prone to anxiety. While caffeine could help your customers wake up in the morning, as a supplement ingredient, it may cause them to experience some jitters if there is too much in the product.
- Bitter Orange Extract: Used in many pre-workout supplements today, bitter orange contains synephrine, which is a stimulant. If your current pre-workout formula already contains caffeine, adding another stimulant might not be conducive to lessening one’s anxiety levels. Have no fear, for there are other ingredients coming soon to replace bitter orange!
- Yohimbine: Often used to in sports nutrition products to increase blood flow and speed up recovery time during the post-workout process, yohimbine has been demonstrated to significantly increase nervousness, palpitations, anxiety, and restlessness.
If your customers already have anxiety without taking sports nutrition supplements, then they probably shouldn’t take pre-workouts containing anxiety-producing ingredients. Instead, include ones that produce energy more naturally and perhaps a post-workout that aids in muscle recovery and fatigue.
Which Supplement Ingredients Don’t Cause Anxiety?
Some of the following ingredients may already be in your private label formula. These are better for customers trying to avoid anxiety-inducing factors.
- BCAAs, branched-chain amino acids, are great for pre-workout powder manufacturing. Leucine, isoleucine, and valine are all known to help build muscle, synthesize protein, and modulate energy. Studies show that a higher intake of BCAAs helps reduce the chances of anxiety and depression.
- Creatine Monohydrate helps brain function, muscle mass, and recovery, which is why it is so often used in both pre-workout and post-workout formulas. Studies have found that creatine monohydrate may benefit people with PTSD and/or depression, as well as at the gym during high-intensity activities like weightlifting and sprinting.
- L-Citrulline is a non-essential amino acid that can be pivotal in your customers’ workout routines. L-citrulline can increase blood flow and nitric oxide production, helping to relax arteries and prevent high blood pressure. L-citrulline may also reduce muscle fatigue and support immune system function. When it comes to already-anxious people, L-citrulline creates L-arginine, easing stress and anxiety. One study, for example, showed that L-arginine reduced the effects of stress on people with trait anxiety. It also lowered cortisol levels, a stress-signaling hormone.
Where can these beneficial ingredients be found? In our ready-to-go sports nutrition formulas stocked at all times for your private label business. We invite you to request a FREE quote so one of our product specialists can contact you within 48 hours with the information you need to get the ball rolling.
The Sports Nutrition Market and Pre-Workout Rise
If you are curious about the dollar value of exercise supplements, here’s the latest.
The global sports nutrition market size was valued at almost $35 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach nearly $68 billion by 2030. A subcategory of this market, the pre-workout market, was valued around $12 billion in 2019 and is projected to almost double by 2027. There is certainly opportunity for your business to sell and succeed, but part of that success will come from partnering with the appropriate full-service manufacturing company and how you strategically expand your line.
Manufacturing Synergistic Supplements
With the help of the one-stop shop Makers Nutrition, your private label company can offer consumers the benefits of synergy between safe sports nutrition products and stress relief supporting supplements. Here are some suggestions for ingredients that promote a calm mind before exercising.
- Ashwagandha: One of the nutraceutical industry’s most popular supplements, ashwagandha, has the ability to improve the body’s and mind’s resilience during physical and menta stress. Used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine as an adaptogen, it is still used to this day for the same reasons. Lowering cortisol levels and elevating mood, ashwagandha can help get your customers in shape for all types of exercise, from yoga to cardio.
- Melatonin: Melatonin can help calm the mind before bed, letting the worrisome thoughts on your customers’ mind just roll off into the distance so they can gain the much-needed rest needed for an optimal workout tomorrow. 3. Kava: Available in capsule and powder form, kava is currently undergoing more research for its promising effects on the mind and body. It comprises active compounds called kavalactones, which are believed to hinder the breakdown of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter which decreases nervous system activity, promoting a calming effect, thereby relieving feelings of stress and anxiety.
- B complex vitamins: Crucial to heart and brain health, research indicates that B vitamins may improve symptoms of stress, including energy and mood, by lowering blood levels of the amino acid homocysteine.
These supplement ingredients can be offered in combination with other ingredients or manufactured by themselves. They can assist your customers’ efforts to relax, unwind, and change the way they approach exercise, making for a less stressful workout and lifestyle altogether.
A Supplement Manufacturing Partner That Exceeds Your Needs
Our team has the combined industry experience to know how to best guide your private label brand. Unlike other supplement manufacturing companies, we have the resources you need to manufacture, package, and deliver superior supplements.
Protein Powder Manufacturer and Flavoring Expert
Makers Nutrition has second-to-none flavor systems in place that are intended to match your specifications or inspire a whole new flavor idea. Many of the protein powders manufactured in our state-of-the-art FDA-registered, GMP-compliant facility are custom flavors. Say you wish to offer whey protein to help build muscle and want it to taste like a refreshing lemonade or tropical delight. That is absolutely achievable with our advanced manufacturing and flavoring capabilities.
Manufacturing Cleaner Pre-Workout Supplements
Great flavor does not have to mean a bunch of unnecessary chemically treated ingredients. Today, consumers are more interested in fewer ingredients because less is more. The fewer the chemicals, the better. Makers Nutrition supports cleaner products, as we proudly manufacture protein powder through our white label line for our clients’ private label brands that contain no aspartame, a sweetening substance that may negatively affect one’s immune system and various organs throughout the body.
Custom Pre-Workout Manufacturer
We also manufacture customized chemical-free, non-GMO, vegan friendly pre-workout and post-workout supplements. We enjoy discussing with clients the importance of offering consumers the option of a custom formula that does more good than harm to their minds and bodies.
With all this information in mind, you may be planning out your next dietary supplement. While we are eager to get talking, we do want to emphasize where Makers Nutrition stands on safety. On almost every product label we print for clients is a Caution statement. Be it for pregnant women, individuals under a certain age, or a general warning, we encourage everyone to seek consult from their doctor before taking any dietary supplement. Manufacturing within the confines of FDA regulations simply is not enough. Consumers have medical conditions that could negatively interact with one or several ingredients with which you manufacture your private label supplements. We therefore encourage you, the business owner, to include on the label of your pre-workout, post-workout, or any other product, the very important recommendation that your customers always check with a licensed physician before taking any dietary supplement or vitamin.