With 2023 right around the corner, it’s time to envision where you see your business in the coming years, plan how you will get there, and figure out who will help execute that plan. We are here to share which categories your brand could cater to and grow profitably and efficiently, and which supplement manufacturing consultant is best suited to facilitate your success.
Dietary supplement categories to watch in 2023
In order to prosper as a health business owner, it is very important for your research and development team to gain insight on which categories consumers are most interested in and most in need of. Over the past 12 months, the following categories and formats have been in high demand and remain significantly popularity on the market.
1. Bone and joint products
Elderly adults dominated the 2022 bone and joint supplement segment. They contributed to the approximated $11.7 billion global market this year, and the outlook is even higher for years to come. People are living longer and want to optimize their wellbeing by enabling their mobility. Help older adults age gracefully with the help of a suggested well-balanced diet and products that can help keep them moving.
Makers Nutrition offers a glucosamine-rich tablet that serves bone and joint health for many consumers. Our clients enjoy the convenient white label experience of simply choosing our formula, having us apply their logo to a standout package design and getting these tablets to market faster than a custom order would take to complete. Should you choose a custom formula, you can easily submit your ingredient list by submitting a quote through our website. We will reach out to you with pricing and any other information you may need to know to get the ball rolling.
2. Sports Nutrition
The global sports nutrition market was valued at $15 billion+ in 2021 and is projected to exceed $23 billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 4.8% between 2022 and 2030. People are wide awake to the ingredients in their supplements and how they are processed, meaning that not only should the provider manufacturing your supplements be on their A game, but the formulas you choose to manufacture should be ones that consumers believe are credible. People are increasingly moving from animal-based products to more plant-based options, with an emphasis on vegan supplements. Keep that in mind when combining sustainability with an encouraging dose of preworkout, postworkout, and protein powder.
We offer powerful sports nutrition powders for you to private label, which includes the most popular delivery format of sports supplements. Consumers love powders because high-quality ones mix easily into water or a smoothie of choice. They are a great addition to an-already healthy diet that can help boost individuals’ efforts in physical and mental performance.
3. Multivitamins for immune health
In recent years, we have seen a rise in interest among consumers looking to improve their overall health and wellness. A rise in awareness due to social media, the news, and the pandemic are to thank for sending consumers your way in need of products that may enhance an already healthy immune system. For many, the best way to do that is by exercising and adding quality-sourced multivitamins to their regimens. The global multivitamin capsules and tablets market is expected to expand from around $19 billion (2021) to over $27 billion in 2026 at an 8.1% CAGR. People of all ages vary in levels of certain nutrients as well. Even if their main focus is not boosting immune health, they are inadvertently doing so by taking a multivitamin. For example, Vitamin D is in nearly all multis because around 1 billion individuals worldwide are Vitamin D deficient, while 50% of the population is insufficient.
Immune supplements come in all types of formats. Capsules, tablets, powders, gummies, and more! We can help manufacture multifaceted multivitamins that serve every target consumer group. With elderberry supplements on nearly every shelf these days, you can aim to sell deliciously flavored gummies, which are quickly climbing to claim top spots on the lists of popular vitamin formats. These gummies are a perfect option for children who can miss their daily recommendations due to picky eating.
It’s all connected
Bone and joint bleeds into sports nutrition which bleeds into immune system supporting supplements. People want to move, so they seek supplements that will help them do so. Lindsey Toth, director of global marketing at Lonza Capsules & Health Ingredients tells Nutrition Insight that “In 2022, active nutrition increasingly [overlapped] with other supplement categories as more active consumers explore[d] complimentary benefits like better sleep, joint health, weight management, immune support and stress management.” Consumers from all walks of life, of all ages and genders, are looking forward to increasing their energy levels to get out there and keep going! The past couple of years have certainly tested our patience and pushed us to our limits. It is time that you help customers in their efforts to achieve the goals they continue to set for themselves and live their best lives.
Selling on Amazon
Today, the Amazon app is the second-most popular shopping app in the United States, utilized by 98 million users every month. According to a survey of over 2,000 consumers, 89% of them agree they are more likely to buy products from Amazon than from other ecommerce sites. These statistics indicate that your vitamin and supplement business has a great chance of succeeding by selling through Amazon. Here are some of the top-selling supplements on Amazon that could bring profit your way:
- Collagen peptides: With age comes less elasticity and firmness of the skin. This is why many people, women especially, add collagen peptide products to their supplement routine. In addition to taking collagen in the form of a powder, experts suggest that people can also protect collagen production by eating less sugar, reducing sun exposure, not smoking, and eating protein-rich foods such as broth, meats, dairy, fish, nuts, and leafy greens.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: ACV, it’s good for digestion, weight management, blood sugar, pretty much everything. Since drinking ACV straight is not pleasant, to say the least, taking flavorful ACV gummies that cut the pungent burning has become mighty popular in recent years. We have helped manufacture tons of apple cider vinegar gummies for clients who find much success in offering products people enjoy. As with any dietary supplement, however, it is always important to remind them that they should consult a licensed physician before taking ACV, as it may interact with certain drugs.
- Turmeric: Manufacturing turmeric is something our team knows a lot about. Why? Most brand we work with have at least once offered consumers a turmeric supplement. Its main active ingredient, curcumin, continues to aid thousands with their digestive and respiratory complications. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agencies are particularly promoted for people with ulcerative colitis, arthritis, and memory issues, providing ample target groups for you to market to.
- EPA/DHA: Eye health vitamins are very popular because of their EPA and DHA content. While they may also contain beneficial lutein and zeaxanthin, long-chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids EPA and DHA are directly recommended by the American Heart Association to help support proper retinal, neuronal, and immune system function.
These top-selling supplements on Amazon could be yours with the right supplement and vitamin manufacturing company on your side. If you want to hit the ground running in 2023 with the help of that company, then Makers Nutrition is your ideal consultant. We encourage you get started on your next, or first, supplement NOW! To learn about us, you can visit our website or call our headquarters at 1-844-625-3771 to speak with a knowledgeable product specialist.
Together, let’s #buildabrand