Many dietary supplement users have heard that Vitamin D helps with mood regulation and bone health, but have they heard about the study that links the nutrient with memory loss?
In the largest study of its kind, researchers have found that in older people, not getting enough Vitamin D could double the risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Your private label Vitamin D supplement manufactured through world-renowned services can change the course of many lives, and we hope after you read this article, you will feel inspired to get working on it with us.
Cranberry extract isn’t the only beneficial supplement individuals can be taking to curve the devastation of dementia. The study, which was from the University of South Australia, assessed the link between Vitamin D, neuroimaging features, and the risk of dementia and stroke. Researchers established the following:
- In some populations, as much as 17% of dementia cases may be prevented by increasing everyone to normal levels of Vitamin D
- Low levels of Vitamin D were associated with lower brain volumes and an increased risk of dementia and stroke
- Genetic analyses supported a causal effect of Vitamin D deficiency and dementia
What is dementia?
Dementia is one of the main causes of disability and dependency among older individuals around the world. It is a chronic, incurable syndrome that progresses over time, affecting cognitive function. It specifically impairs memory and judgment and interferes with daily functioning.
How many people are affected?
As the study took place in Australia, Science Daily noted that around 487,500 Australians live with dementia, and it is the country’s second leading cause of death. Globally, more than 55 million people have the condition with 10 million new cases diagnosed every year.
What is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is fat-soluble and essential for the absorption and retention of calcium and phosphorus, two nutrients vital for bone building. Lab studies have shown that Vitamin D can help control infections and reduce inflammation, with more benefits on the horizon.
Dementia and Vitamin D
The above study was supported by the National Health and Medical Research Council and analyzed data from 294,514 participants from the UK Biobank, observing the impact of low levels
of Vitamin D and the risk of dementia and stroke. Senior Investigator and Director of UniSA’s Australian Centre for Precision Health, Professor Elina Hypponen reported that the findings are important for the prevention of dementia and appreciating the need to avoid Vitamin D deficiencies. “Vitamin D is a hormone precursor that is increasingly recognized for widespread effects, including on brain health, but until now it has been very difficult to examine what would happen if we were able to prevent vitamin D deficiency,” said Professor Hypponen. “Our study is the first to examine the effect of very low levels of vitamin D on the risks of dementia and stroke, using robust genetic analyses among a large population. In some contexts, where vitamin D deficiency is relatively common, our findings have important implications for dementia risks. Indeed, in this UK population we observed that up to 17 per cent of dementia cases might have been avoided by boosting vitamin D levels to be within a normal range.” These findings are very important considering just how prevalent dementia is around the world. Professor Hypponen concludes by sharing “If we’re able to change [the reality of dementia devastating individuals and families alike] through ensuring that none of us is severely vitamin D deficient, it would also have further benefits and we could change the health and wellbeing for thousands. Most of us are likely to be ok, but for anyone who for whatever reason may not receive enough vitamin D from the sun, modifications to diet may not be enough, and supplementation may well be needed.”
Why manufacturing Vitamin D matters
While many people eat fish and fortified cereals that may comprise Vitamin D, there are plenty who definitely do not get enough of this vital nutrient. About 35% of adults in America have a deficiency in Vitamin D. Approximately 1 billion people in our world are Vitamin D deficient, and 50% of the world’s population has Vitamin D insufficiency. Your private label vitamin manufactured through Makers Nutrition can make a difference. As Professor Hypponen made clear, there is room for improvement and perhaps even preventative measures can be taken with the help of supplementation.
When the sun goes down
In the darker months of the year, it becomes easy to miss daily recommended intakes of Vitamin D. No sun, no Vitamin D. However, these are the months consumers can be more attentive to their dietary intake of the nutrient. For example, in the fall and winter, sure, people can east foods like salmon, egg yolks, oatmeal, and fortified cereals that are rich in Vitamin D. If they do not enjoy fish or know they won’t eat enough of these foods, then supplementing with a high-quality private label softgel, capsule, tablet, gummy, or powder might be the best way to ensure sufficient intake.
One-stop private label vitamin manufacturing
If you own a private label brand or are a neurologist with a vitamin business, Vitamin D may just be the next product you manufacture with an award-winning supplement service provider. With virtually limitless capabilities, Makers Nutrition can be your vitamin manufacturer, graphic designer, packager, and fulfillment center. When you have signed on with us, you have signed on with an all-in-one, full-service solution that you can rely on to save you time, money, and the headaches that usually come with jumping from provider to provider.
- Vitamin manufacturing done right takes a team fully committed to creating the industry’s next best thing with next-generation equipment and high-tech machinery.
- A standout product requires a standout label design. We are staffed with some of the most talented designers who never miss the mark for clients. They are highly skilled and knowledgeable about what the FDA allows and how to best display your supplement information in a compliant and informative way.
- Makers Nutrition excels at preparing pristine packaging designs and applying them to your high-quality vitamin bottle, boxes, and bags. You can learn about our other packaging possibilities here.
- Warehousing can be a hassle when you are working with a little-known fulfillment center that doesn’t have their orders… in order. We, on the other hand, catalog clients’ products in our fully customized warehouse facility once they have been scanned in our advanced 3PL software. Barcode scanning equipment accurately updates inventory in real-time, while our convenient fulfillment solution connects directly with Amazon and eBay and automates sku mapping, shipping, and tracking notifications. That way, you receive direct marketplace support without you needing to jump through more hoops than you may have with previous service providers.
Types of Vitamin D supplements
One of the many benefits of working with Makers Nutrition is our variety and versatility. We can facilitate the manufacturing of softgels, capsules, tablets, caplets, powders, and gummies that can be made to match your exact specifications. Say you are looking to offer a custom red, star-shaped Vitamin D gummy. We can produce that for you. With us, any of the above formats are manufactured to the same level of excellence and precision.
Customer service center
Just because we are a B2B company does not mean we push customer service to the side. It is a pillar of what makes us the most decorated vitamin manufacturing consultant in the nutraceutical industry. With around-the-clock care, we are the team you want on your side when inventory is low, and you need another run pronto. Call us today at 1-844-625-3771 to get started and we can have your Vitamin D supplement ready for distribution in days rather than months.